About Marcus Santamaria
My name is Marcus Santamaria. That’s me with my family in the picture above. After I met and married my wife, Elena, we decided to move to Mexico to be near her family. But I didn’t speak a word of Spanish! I needed to learn the language so that I could interact with her family and friends.
But I had another motivation, too…
As an English teacher, I absolutely needed to learn the language so that I didn’t feel like a fraud! I mean, how could I possibly teach English as a second language when I didn’t even know one myself?
My shame drove me to search endlessly for a better way of learning and teaching. Believe me, learning Spanish was not easy for me…I struggled! Eventually I discovered what I had suspected all along: the problem was not me, but the methods I was using.
Once I discovered what’s really important for communication, (you’ll be amazed at how much of what is normally taught actually gets in the way of communication) and how to best use the mind for rapid learning, I became fluent in Spanish and very successful at teaching, too!
I am now a very successful language teacher – one of the most respected and highest paid in Latin America. But the main reason I have a lot to offer you as a Spanish teacher is simply this: I have been where you are now. If you have ever had a tough time learning a language, Synergy Spanish can help – and I’m here for you, too!
In this fast start guide you also learn…
- What to focus on for Spanish success from the first day – if you’re serious about using your Spanish in the real world
- Why focusing on minor points of grammar fails in real world communication.
- The memory technique that took me from failure to success in Spanish.
- How to learn Spanish words 4 or 5 times faster with less effort.
- 22 Spanish multipliers: These easy multipliers instantly boost your ability to interact with anyone.
- How to make a good first impression every time
- A simple mistake language students make that causes tension when speaking to natives – why it happens and how to avoid it…and make people warm up to you instead
- Why being bold is almost always more important than being perfect… make the most effective use of your Spanish every time.
- Simple sentences-starters & sentences-builders: Multiply your power of communication in Spanish with simple patterns you can use right away.
- Fend off bad habits with easy-to-understand accuracy pointers. Start on the right foot and make a habit of speaking Spanish well.
- How to maximize and multiply your Spanish. You’ll discover why most Spanish courses cover too many topics. They overload you and leave you not knowing how to use anything. Instead, you’ll master the most important parts of Spanish and have much more power to communicate in less time with less effort.